Attention all 401(k) plan participants:
Do you have a beneficiary on file with Empower Retirement?
Is your beneficiary up to date?
Follow these easy steps for a chance to win one of four $50 Visa gift cards:
- Log on to the Empower Retirement website, www.empowermyretirement.com between 9/1/2017 and 10/15/2017.
- Click “My Accounts,” then choose “Beneficiaries” on the left to review, add or update your beneficiaries.
- In October, the Human Resources department will randomly pull four names of individuals with up-to-date beneficiaries and award them with a $50 Visa gift card.
Wait … what’s a “beneficiary”?
Your beneficiary is the person(s) or entity(ies) who receive(s) the cash benefit from your 401(k) retirement account should you pass away. It’s important for you to designate a beneficiary and keep the information up to date. If you don’t choose one, your account will be passed on according to the default provisions in the plan, which may not be to the person(s) you prefer. You can change your 401(k) beneficiaries at any time on the Empower Retirement website.
More information about carefully choosing beneficiaries:
- Even if you have a will, the Discount Tire Plan provisions will determine who receives your money when you don’t have a beneficiary on file.
- Be aware that proceeds will not be paid directly to minor beneficiaries; a trustee or guardian must receive the money on their behalf which requires additional time and arrangements. Consult a financial professional or call Empower Retirement for more information.
- Questions? Please contact email@example.com.