My Pet Protection Plans:
We understand how unexpected vet expenses can become stressful when your family pets get sick or injured. Starting in 2018, Discount Tire will offer My Pet Protection plans through Nationwide Pet Insurance.
- Reimbursement for vet bills up to 90%, with a $7,500 maximum per year, once you meet a $250 annual deductible
- Optional coverage for preventive care, like shots and flea medicine
- Boarding/kennel fees if a family member is hospitalized due to injury/illness
- Advertising/reward fees for pets that go missing during the policy term
- Pet replacement costs if a missing pet is not found within sixty(60) days
- Mortality coverage for euthanization due to illness/injury and cremation/burial fees
How does My Pet Protection Plan work?
Simply take your pet to any vet, pay the invoice and submit your claim to Nationwide Pet Insurance. You’ll be reimbursed – by check or direct deposit – usually within ten days. Enroll NOW through Dec. 31, 2017 for coverage starting Jan. 1, 2018:
- Go to www.petinsurance.com/discounttire or call 1-877-738-7874. (NOTE: Pet insurance enrollment is NOT via Workday.) Mention DISCOUNT TIRE to get our exclusive plans with preferred pricing, based on the plan type and state you live in.
- You may enroll at any time in 2018. If you enroll after Jan. 1, there is a two-week set-up period before coverage starts.
- Make your monthly premium payments directly to Nationwide Pet Insurance.