Your Discount Tire Family is here to support you. Our first priority is the safety of our people and their families. More details will be added to this page as we get them.
For up-to-date information on the effects to the state of California, visit www.fire.ca.gov.
Northern California Regional Update – 10-11-2017 3:00 p.m. PT:
All of our employees and their families are safe and accounted for. All but one store is open in the region; it is closed due to a current power outage. No stores are currently in danger from fire as the wind has currently died down. All residents in the area are on high alert to ensure they are prepared should the wind pick up again and/or change direction.
The Bruce T. Halle Assistance Fund (BTHAF) is prepared to assist evacuated families. Dave Weston in the Northern California Region has reported that only a few of our People have encountered any damages to their property (not catastrophic), and even fewer have not yet been able to return to their neighborhoods. This is lucky for us in the midst of what has become dire circumstances for many other people living in Northern California.
Central California Regional Update – 10-11-2017 3:00 p.m. PT:
Thankfully, all of our employees and their families are safe and accounted for. Additionally, there have been no damages to our stores or the property of our people in this region due to fire at this time.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
I WANT TO ASSIST THOSE WITH AN IMMEDIATE NEED DUE TO THE FIRES:
- Consider making an additional contribution to the Bruce T. Halle Assistance Fund (BTHAF); one of the reasons for this fund is specifically to take care of our own in times of crisis, such as natural disasters.
- There are other organizations on the ground helping all the people in the affected areas that will also appreciate assistance, such as:
I HAVE BEEN IMPACTED BY THE FIRES; HOW CAN I GET HELP?
- First, if you can, reach out to your Store Manager, AVP or Regional VP to let them know your situation.
- Government support:
- For emotional support and/or legal help in these trying times, consider using the services offered by our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP is free to you and your family.
- Optum is offering a free emotional support helpline for all people impacted. This helpline will provide those affected access to specially trained mental health specialists. Call 866-342-6892, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This service is free of charge and open to anyone. Specially trained Optum mental health specialists help people manage their stress and anxiety so they can continue to address their everyday needs. Callers may also receive referrals to community resources to help them with specific concerns, including financial and legal matters.
- If you have benefits related questions, contact the Benefits Team at the Corporate Office: 800-347-4348 or email@example.com.