The holidays are here, which means it’s time for a hectic season filled with family, food, parties, shopping and travel. All that activity can be stressful, and stress can make you and your family more prone to illness. Follow these tips to enjoy a healthy holiday:
- Wash your hands. It’s the best, most effective way to prevent the spread of germs.
- Get flu shots. With all the stress, time pressure and erratic eating habits of the holidays, be sure to prepare now so you can avoid or minimize the effects of the flu.
- Keep exercising. Stick with your routine as much as you can and incorporate more exercise into your daily life. Park farther from the entrance at the mall and take the stairs at work.
- Party smart. Never go to a party hungry. Have a healthy snack, such as an apple and some cheese, ahead of time. That will help ensure that you don’t overeat.
- Travel smart. If your holiday plans include travel, be sure to eat right and stay hydrated to avoid getting sick. Bring along water and healthy snacks and foods for long car and plane rides.
- Give yourself a break. The holidays are not the time to start a new diet or exercise plan. Keep up the good habits you have today and try to make the best choices on food and exercise.
Assistance is available to our employees through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Our EAP is provided through GuidanceResources®. GuidanceResources can be reached at 1-844-285-1067, through the free GuidanceResources Now mobile app or register online at www.GuidanceResources.com. (See your Benefits Guide or contact the Benefits Team or your manager for the Organization Web ID.)
Copyright © 2016 ComPsych Corporation. All rights reserved. This information is for educational purposes only.