Sometimes we take relationships for granted: We’re busy with our own lives and issues and forget to let the people we care about know how much we appreciate them. All it takes to change that is a little effort and creativity. Try the following ideas for relationships with co-workers and friends.
Friendships based on trust and respect never fade. But there are ways to ensure that they survive the test of time:
- Listen when a friend mentions an item he or she has wanted; surprise him or her with it at a later date.
- Make it a rule to update your personal phone book every six months; it gives you a chance to catch up with old friends.
You spend a lot of time with people at work. Try these ideas to let them know how much they mean to you:
- Make their favorite foods as a surprise.
- If you see a television show or magazine article that would interest a co-worker, email them a link to the show or bring in the article.
- If someone has helped you out, let his or her supervisor know with a quick email.
Assistance is available to our employees through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Our EAP is provided through GuidanceResources®. GuidanceResources can be reached at 1-844-285-1067, through the free GuidanceResources Now mobile app or register online at www.GuidanceResources.com. (See your Benefits Guide or contact the Benefits Team or your manager for the Organization Web ID.)
Copyright © 2016 ComPsych Corporation. All rights reserved. This information is for educational purposes only.