Attention all Health Savings Account (HSA) holders. Previously, you received communications explaining your health savings account (HSA) with Wells Fargo® is transitioning to Optum®. The transfer will be completed on December 31, 2016. At that time Optum Bank will become the recordkeeper of your HSA.
Transition to Optum HSA checklist:
1. Register your account online. Your account is open, but make sure you register your account online. If you haven’t done so already, you can register at optumbank.com by following the steps below:
Step 1: Go to optumbank.com.
Step 2: Click Register for site and follow the registration process by providing your Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Last Name and your new Optum Bank Health Saving Account Debit Mastercard® card number, which you should be receiving in the mail very soon, if you haven’t received it already. You will also need to complete the security questions.
2. Designate a beneficiary. After registering your account, be sure to log in and designate a beneficiary for your HSA. You can complete your beneficiary designation online within the profile section of your account.
3. Update your routing and account numbers. If you are making electronic ACH contributions to your HSA from another bank or you have provided your account number to a medical provider or provider billing service to have payments directly debited from your HSA, the ABA routing number and your HSA account number will change. The ABA routing number for Optum Bank and your HSA account number are located online under your account profile. Please use these new numbers for making electronic ACH contributions to your HSA or withdrawals from your HSA that are initiated after your account moves to Optum Bank. If your HSA is linked to any recurring contribution or bill pay services, you will need to provide your new routing and HSA account numbers to the originators of those electronic ACH transactions.
4. Check your mail. Your Optum Bank HSA Debit Card will be arriving soon, but should not be used until December 31, 2016, when your HSA administration is transferred to Optum Bank®.
5. Update your debit card number. If you have your Wells Fargo debit card on file with a medical provider or provider billing service, be sure they update the card number on file for debit card payments.
6. Setup online bill pay. After registering your account, you can set up bill pay by clicking the Make a Payment link at the top of the page. Your bill pay information with Wells Fargo is not transferring to Optum Bank and will need to be reestablished.
7. Sign up for electronic communications. After you register on optumbank.com, we’ll ask you if you want to receive information about your account by mail or electronically.
8. Explore our tools. Our online HSA calculator helps to determine your contribution limit, estimate your tax savings and show how your savings may grow over time. Access the tool by logging in to your account at optumbank.com.
9. Want to learn more about your HSA? Visit optumbank.com to explore the resources and tools available to you.
10. Your New Optum Bank HSA Debit Card. Soon, you’ll receive your new Optum Bank HSA Debit Card. Here are a few important things to know:
- Your new Optum Bank HSA Debit Card will arrive between November 17, 2016 and December 15, 2016 but should not be used until December 31, 2016 when your HSA account administration transfers to Optum Bank.
- If you have more than two cards for your Wells Fargo HSA, these additional debit cards will arrive by December 31, 2016. If you would like additional cards, please login at optumbank.com to order them.
- To activate your card, call the number on the sticker attached to your new debit card. If you would like to set a PIN for your card, you can follow the prompts on the activation line.
- Your new Optum Bank HSA Debit Card works just like your Wells Fargo HSA debit card to pay for eligible medical, dental and vision expenses anywhere Mastercard is accepted.