Recent news of celebrity suicides has heightened concern and generated interest in learning more about this important subject. Newly published research reveals that suicide rates have dramatically increased in the last decade. Suicide is a profoundly disturbing event and many people respond with confusion, fear, and anger when confronting it.
ComPsych will present a live webinar called Suicide Awareness and Intervention on two separate dates. This webinar will demystify suicide through discussion of why it occurs, the risk factors associated with suicide, and how to intervene with those who are suicidal or potentially suicidal.
Points covered in this webinar will include:
- Causes of suicide and the role of social contagion
- Risk factors, including signs and symptoms of depression
- Common myths associated with suicide
- How to intervene with someone who is expressing suicidal thoughts
- The importance of creating a “safety plan”
- Available resources
Use the links below to register:
- Register for June 20, 2018 1:00 PM CDT at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5697888449309833218
- Register for June 21, 2018 10:00 AM CDT at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8702489789672888834
A recording will be available after the live sessions.
Help from Our EAP
No-cost, 24/7 confidential assistance is available to employees through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Our EAP is provided through GuidanceResources®. GuidanceResources can be reached at 1-844-285-1067, through the free GuidanceResources Now mobile app or register online at www.GuidanceResources.com. (See your Benefits Guide or contact the Benefits Team or your manager for the Organization Web ID.)