United Healthcare’s annual effort to provide flu shots for members has begun. Access to flu shots is now available through a variety of providers, offering a range of convenient options. Each of UnitedHealthcare’s flu shot vendors has been carefully selected based on coverage, service commitment and ability to serve a variety of customer needs.
Preventive services, including immunizations, are provided under the Company’s United Healthcare benefit plans. You can obtain your flu shot via walk-in (see retailers below) or through your health care provider’s office.
Contracted Flu Shot Providers
United Healthcare members may present their health plan ID cards to receive flu shots on a walk-in basis from the national flu shot providers listed below. No appointment is necessary.
- Albertsons (d/b/a Albertsons Sav-on, Albertsons Osco)
- CVS Pharmacy (d/b/a CVS Pharmacy, Long’s Drug, CarePlus Pharmacy)
- Kmart Pharmacy
- Meijer Pharmacy
- New Albertsons (d/b/a Acme Sav-on, Jewel-Osco, Star Markets, Shaws Osco, Safeway
- Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Safeway (d/b/a Safeway, Carrs, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Vons)
- Shopko Pharmacy
- United Supermarkets(d/b/a Acme, Jewel-Osco, United Supermarket, Albertsons Market, Amigos, Market Street)
- Walgreens Pharmacy (d/b/a Walgreens, Duane Reade, Jim Meyers, Kerr Drug, May’s Drug, Parkway Drug, Super D Drug, The Ryan Pharmacy, USA Drug)
- Walmart Stores Inc. and Sam’s Club
Network Convenience Care Clinics:
Note there may be some instances where a particular location of one of these providers is not participating in the national United Healthcare network.
For information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the flu season, including details about vaccines, recommendations and disease activity, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/. For an overview of high-risk groups: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/high_risk.htm.