As fires continue to spread in Colorado, residents are seeing closures and evacuation orders in some areas.
For those affected, Optum is offering a free emotional support help line. This help line will provide those affected access to specially trained mental health specialists. The company’s public toll-free help line number, 866-342-6892, will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for as long as necessary. This service is free of charge and open to anyone. Specially trained Optum mental health specialists help people manage their stress and anxiety so they can continue to address their everyday needs. Callers may also receive referrals to community resources to help them with specific concerns, including financial and legal matters.
Along with the toll-free help line, emotional-support resources and information are available by logging in to www.liveandworkwell.com.
- Full-time employees enrolled in Discount Tire’s United Healthcare plan (all states except Michigan) will log in with their UHC/Optum Healthsafe ID.
- All other employees may choose the option to browse as a guest and use Company Code DTC.
Keyword searches on liveandworkwell.com will help you quickly access the following resource centers:
- Coping Center: Type the keyword “coping” into the search bar, select Coping. Here you’ll find articles, guides, self-help tools and videos on coping with stress.
- Disaster Planning & Recovery Center: Type the keyword “disaster” into the search bar, select the Disaster Planning & Recovery Center. Here you’ll find information on preparing for and recovering from natural disasters and links to national organizations too.
Disaster Safety Tips:
- Follow the advice of your local officials, including evacuation instructions.
- Check in with your family and friends regularly.
- Do not return to your home until authorities state it is safe.
- If you suffer property damage/loss, be sure to take photos to help with insurance claims.
- Prepare for future disasters by creating a disaster plan and emergency kit.
Additional National Resources: