Who is OptumRx?
OptumRx® is your UnitedHealthcare® plan’s pharmacy care services manager. OptumRx is committed to providing you with safe, easy and cost‑effective ways to get the medication you need.
How do I manage my pharmacy benefit online?
- Set up your online account by visiting myuhc.com® and selecting “Manage My Prescriptions.”
- To manage your medications on the go, download the UnitedHealthcare® app from your app store. After you open the app, select “Prescriptions and Medications.” Track your prescription history, compare medication prices, set up automatic refill reminders and more.
Where do I fill my prescriptions?
OptumRx home delivery
Order up to a three-month supply of the medication you take regularly for less.
- Use the UnitedHealthcare® app
- Log in to myuhc.com and select “Manage My Prescriptions”
- Call the number on the back of your health plan ID card
- There is no charge for standard shipping to U.S. addresses
Network retail pharmacies
- Show your health plan ID card at any UnitedHealthcare in-network retail pharmacy
- To see a list of network pharmacies, use the UnitedHealthcare® app and select “Prescriptions and Medications.” Or visit myuhc.com and select “Locate a Pharmacy”
- You can also call the customer service number on the back of your ID card
Pharmacy benefit tips:
Know your plan
Your plan may require one or more of the following before you can fill your prescription:
- Prior authorization — approval to get a medication.
- Step therapy — trying one medication before another.
- Quantity limits — getting a certain amount of each prescription.
Check your prescription drug list (PDL)
Your PDL is a list of covered medications. The list is broken into sections called tiers. Choosing medications in lower tiers may save you money. You can also access your PDL at myuhc.com and the UnitedHealthcare® app and be sure to check it often.
Talk to your doctor
When you talk with your doctor, use the UnitedHealthcare® app to confirm coverage and costs. You can also talk about what you need to do to get your medication.
Generic medications usually have a lower co-pay than brand name medications. Ask your doctor if there is a generic for you.
Search for lower-cost alternatives. Just log in to myuhc.com, click on “Manage My Prescriptions” and select “Drug Pricing.” Or use the UnitedHealthcare® app.
- Log in to myuhc.com and select “Manage My Prescriptions.”
- Open the UnitedHealthcare® app and select “Prescriptions and Medications.”
- Or call customer service at the number on the back of your member ID card.