There are many advantages to exercising and staying fit, such as lowering your risks for some diseases, help controlling blood pressure, and increasing your energy level. If you don’t have a regular routine or are having a hard time staying motivated, check out these resources to help keep you on track.
United Healthcare’s Fitness Tips article offers information on the benefits of regular exercise and helpful tips on:
- Starting a fitness plan
- Boosting your metabolism
- Sneaking exercise into your busy schedule
- Staying motivated
If you are struggling to find a way to start a new fitness program, visit Today.com for ideas about fun ways to work exercise into your routine, including:
- Making fitness a game
- Using an app to track your progress
- Finding an exercise partner/group with a common goal
- And more
Weigh-ins and Support Resources
Remember, the Spare Tire Contest is a journey; stay positive and stay on track by submitting your weight online each week through the links in the weekly email sent to all participants. For additional contest information, visit the Spare Tire page or:
- Discount Tire employees should visit the Knowledge Center from their work location.
- Tire Rack employees should visit the Wellness Works site.
Be sure to check in with your doctor before making changes to your current diet or starting a new exercise routine.