As Hurricane Ian approaches Florida, residents are preparing for its landfall. Evacuation orders have already been issued for a number of counties.
For those affected, Optum is offering a free emotional support help line. This help line will provide those affected access to specially trained mental health specialists. The company’s public toll-free help line number, 866-447-3573, will be open Monday through Friday from 8AM to 8PM for two weeks starting September 27, 2022. This service is free of charge and open to anyone. Specially trained Optum mental health specialists help people manage their stress and anxiety so they can continue to address their everyday needs. Callers may also receive referrals to community resources to help them with specific concerns, including financial and legal matters.
Along with the toll-free help line, log in to Optum’s Live and Work Well website for additional emotional-support resources and information, including articles, guides, self-help tools and videos on coping with stress, practicing mindfulness, and building resiliency.
- Full-time employees enrolled in Discount Tire’s United Healthcare plan (all states except Michigan) will log in with their UHC/Optum Healthsafe ID.
- All other employees may choose the option to browse as a guest and use Company Code DTC.
Keyword searches on liveandworkwell.com will help you quickly access the following resource centers:
- Coping Center: Type the keyword “coping” into the search bar, select Coping. Here you’ll find articles, guides, self-help tools, and videos on coping with stress.
- Disaster Planning & Recovery Center: Type the keyword “disaster” into the search bar, select the Disaster Planning & Recovery Center. Here you’ll find information on preparing for and recovering from natural disasters and links to national organizations too.
- Follow the advice of your local officials, including evacuation instructions.
- Do not return to your home until authorities state it is safe.
- Check in with your family and friends regularly.
- If you suffer property damage/loss, be sure to take photos to help with insurance claims.
- Prepare for future disasters by creating a disaster plan and emergency kit.
Early Prescription Refills:
In anticipation of Hurricane Ian making landfall, OptumRx is offering the opportunity for UHC members to immediately refill their prescription medication(s) at a retail network pharmacy, regardless of when it was last filled. If you have a home delivery prescription medication refill that you would like to fill now/early, at a local retail network pharmacy, please call the phone number on your Benefits ID card and OptumRx will enable an early refill at that retail pharmacy.
Bruce T. Halle Assistance Fund
The Bruce T. Halle Assistance Fund provides basic assistance to employees who incur extraordinary expenses, damages, or losses as a result of disasters or other emergency hardship situations. If you have been affected by the recent severe weather and would like to apply to the fund, please fill out this Natural Disaster Relief application.