Hear the important things in life; get regular hearing screenings.
Are you hearing everything you should?
Hearing loss is a common consequence of aging, though many adults don’t recognize its early stages. According to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, an estimated 15% of the adults in the US have hearing loss, with the incidence of hearing loss increasing with age. Without intervention, adult hearing loss contributes to higher rates of depression and anxiety, and may be a symptom of other cognitive disorders, including dementia.
Find out if you are at risk for a hearing disorder or impairment by scheduling your hearing screening today.
UHC Members: Your hearing aid benefit
Discount Tire’s benefit plans through United Healthcare will cover hearing aids required for the correction of a hearing impairment at 80% (after meeting your in-network deductible), as long as it is purchased as a result of a written recommendation by a Physician.
- This includes the hearing aid and charges for associated fitting and testing.
- Any combination of Network Benefits and Non-Network Benefits is limited to $2,500 per calendar year.
- Benefits are limited to a single purchase (including repair/replacement) per hearing impaired ear every 3 calendar years.
Visit United Healthcare Hearing
United Healthcare Hearing offers access to a nationwide network of hearing professionals. Find a location near you for a hearing test, hearing evaluation and/or follow-up support. Choose name-brand or private-label hearing aids and conveniently order them in person or through home delivery. To get started, visit uhchearing.com or call 1-855-523-9355, TTY 711.
Simple steps to better hearing and getting the most from your benefits:
- Get your hearing tested. To find a hearing test provider, log in to uhchearing.com or call the number on your member ID card for an in-network Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) doctor.
- If directed by your doctor, order hearing aids. You may have more choices for ordering hearing aids than you think! Before you order, visit uhchearing.com to ensure you receive your maximum benefit.