Qualified Essential Coverage (QEC) Open Enrollment starts November 6
If you qualify for QEC benefits, you will be mailed an Open Enrollment Guide and you will see an Open Enrollment Change notification in your Workday inbox.
Eligibility – Part-time employees averaging 30 or more hours per workweek, within the 12-month look back period, are eligible for QEC medical benefits. QEC eligibility is checked annually and only those that qualify will be eligible to elect QEC benefits for the next calendar year during Open Enrollment.
We encourage you to review your 2024 QEC Benefits Guide and review the information on this page to help you make the best decisions about benefits for you and your family. Your guide also includes a helpful FAQ section that gives further details about your benefits and how you can get the most from your medical benefit.
When you complete your open enrollment event in Workday, be sure to consider the following:
- Declare you are tobacco free to qualify for wellness rates, which lowers the cost of your medical contribution. Keep in mind that you must declare you are tobacco free every year to qualify for Wellness Rates.
- If you elect the Health Savings Plan, be sure to elect the Health Savings Account. You may only enroll in the Health Savings Account if you are enrolled in the Health Savings Plan.
NOTE: Health Savings Accounts do not automatically renew and must be elected every year.
NEW for 2024:
- MICHIGAN ONLY: There will be some changes to the medical benefit effective January 1, 2024. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona will transition to Blue Cross Blue Shield Highmark and will be updating their contact information. There will also be a new vendor for pharmacy services. All enrollees in the medical benefit for 2024 will receive a new medical card and a separate pharmacy card
- Part-time employees MUST complete their Open Enrollment event in Workday to enroll in Company benefits for the 2024 plan year.
- If you are currently enrolled in Tire Rack’s 2023 benefit plans, your coverage will END on December 31, 2023.
- The benefits elected during this Open Enrollment period will be effective January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024.
- During Open enrollment you will be required to enter dependent information and provide any required documents for the dependents you will be adding to your benefits; social security cards for all, marriage certificate for spouse, birth certificate(s) for child(ren).
- DO NOT update your personal information (phone number, mailing address, personal email, etc.) or emergency contacts in Workday at this time. Your activity in Workday should be limited to benefit enrollment. Any personal information updates prior to December 24, 2023, should be completed in UKG.
What you need to do
- Log in to Workday Monday, November 6 through Friday, November 24.
- Open and Review your Open Enrollment Change event.
- Submit your benefit elections by Friday, November 24.
Refer to the QEC For Eligible Part-Time employees Open Enrollment Workday Quick Reference Guide (QRG) for step-by-step guided instructions for completing your open enrollment. For help with adding dependents, refer to the QEC Adding Dependents QRG.
Click the images below to learn more about the benefits you will elect in Workday during Open Enrollment.
Discount Tire: Changes that will apply to these benefits for the 2024 plan year will be noted in BLUE on the benefit pages.
Tire Rack: All Tire Rack benefits will be ending December 31. Benefits elected during this Open Enrollment will be new vendors/plans that will be effective January 1, 2024.
Rate information is available in the 2024 Benefits Guide mailed to your home address. Rates will also be shown as you review/elect your benefits in Workday during Open Enrollment.
Other benefits available to you
The following benefits are offered by the Company, but do not need to be elected during Open Enrollment. Some eligibility requirements must be met to participate in some of the Company’s additional benefits. Please visit the page for each benefit to learn more.